Thursday, April 30, 2009

Brainstorming

  • Timedancer: Brooklyn dreams he's in a Looney Tunes cartoon. Bugs Bunny tries to tell him the Gate transported him to parallel universe. Now that I have the premise, I just have to figure out what to have him do there.
  • Toto: Toying with the idea of having her cut a music album (yet another ploy of Xanatos' to improve the image of the gargoyles, and make money). Not sure if I'm making her be too much though.
  • Toto: Given the future seen in Timedancer at the Eyrie Tower, I'm trying to make the reason Brooklyn wound up bringing her to Long Island in 1999 (and losing her there) is that she's going to be the gargoyle that sets most of those events into motion. The stories I've written thus far (but not posted yet), deal with some of these things already.
  • Toto: Delving into her past. What was her clan like? Who does she miss? Why does she sing? Was she always this quick to anger, or is this something that has come about from the destruction of her clan? How exactly DID her clan get destroyed? Sure sure, death by daylight, but... why?
  • Timedancer: There is so much room to play with his travels, that I can't believe I'm having trouble thinking of new material. But I am. I think the problem is I can think of short little things that he could be doing, but I try to write 'episodes', as if they were going to be seen on TV. And some of the things that would be giggle-worthy to write about aren't what I'd picture being seen on Gargoyles the TV Show. Granted, I've already written some things that wouldn't be seen on Gargoyles the TV Show necessarily, so I suppose I shouldn't let that stop me. But I want adventures.
  • Sata: I really need to get her down. I find I'm avoiding having her talk or do too much, because WTF do I know about samurai? And her katana and her wazish.. wazti... wakizashi (I had to go read Out of Joint again to find it mentioned)? And when do you use -chan, -san, -sama? Oy.
  • Ariana and Graeme: There isn't much written with them in it (in fact, just the first two parts of 'Out of Joint'), so it's hard to figure out their personalities. It seems Ariana is a merry girl, and Graeme your typical boy.
  • In my OC stories, I have a female gargoyle out of sync with the rest of the gargoyles in the clan. Actually, none of the females of the Manhattan clan are currently in cycle with one another. I'm using the premise of once they hit 40, every 20 years they have a 'breeding cycle', as intimated by what I've read, with usually a single egg laid. So there's Sata, Angela and my OC Toto that are all at different cycles. Will they sync up? Meaning that one will cycle early, one late, one on time? Kind of how real life human women that live together sometimes start to cycle together? And do I want to deal with that? The show dealt with 'mates', 'children', 'family', so why can't I?
  • Where will Toto find romance? It's Disney. There's always romance somewhere. An Avalon gargoyle? An out of clan gargoyle? I can't see her with Lex, so that's out of the picture (besides, Weisman once said in an interview that he thought Lex was gay...) Should I have her somehow go to Avalon and have Graeme grow up and let her fall in love with this Brooklynesque gargoyle? I don't really like that idea. It seems a little trite to me. 'I can't have Brooklyn, so I will have his SON instead! Muahahaha!'. Yeah, no.
  • Oh yeah, and what would happen to a gargoyle that gets trapped up in the far north/south, where it's sun for 6 months and dark for 6 months? Do they stay stone for 6 months? That would... really suck for them. But 6 months of darkness, they'd have to deal with injuries that can't be healed in stone sleep, or at least not very well without the solar energy of the sun replenishing them. And they'd have to eat more...
Time to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment