Monday, May 18, 2009

Being comfortable with writing...

One of the things that my throwing myself head over heels into writing fanfiction is that I have rediscovered the joy of writing.

I used to write all the time, before I got sucked into the gaping vortex that was text-based RPG's, Final Fantasy XI and WoW.

I tried to do NaNoWriMo 2008, and I got halfway there before I stumbled back into the no-writing routine.

Using fanfiction as a way to write something enjoyable, forcing me to read over what I write and try to find and fix errors, broaden my writing style slightly, figure out what I do over and over annoyingly and stop it...

My folders are overflowing now with stories.

I have a BUNCH of stories right now regarding Toto and Hauli, but I need to go back through them and rewrite them here and there. You see, I finally found the OTHER part of TGS that deals with post-season 2 Gargoyles... how Lex becomes a cyborg, what happens with the Quarrymen, the second Unseelie War, etc.

So I need to update my stories based on this new information. Not TOOOO much needs to change, but a few things here and there will need to be updated.

And I'm still going strong on my Shifters story. Stumbling here and there, but I'm plugging along with the story. I can go back and fix problems later.

Six 'chapters' and counting.

By the way, what makes a chapter a chapter?

My problem with my writing is that I tend to JUMP POV's, fumbling in and out of someone's stream of consciousness. I'm not sure if it's a flaw I need to stamp out, or a curious but doable quirk that makes my writing uniquely.. mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment